Your security matters to us. We take robust measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. No method of transmission over the Internet or of storing information electronically is 100% secure.
Information from Customers
You are not required to provide us with Personal Information to browse the publicly available portions of our website. We collect the information you provide to us when you apply or sign up for Services and when you provide information as part of our identity or account verification process, and this information may include Personal Information. We collect information about you, including:
- Identification information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photograph, birthdate, passport, driver’s license, Social Security, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification number;
- Financial information, including bank account and payment card numbers;
- Tax information, including withholding allowances and tax filing status; and
- Other historical, contact, and demographic information.
- Any information you provide when you visit Dealer Pay hosted webpages or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on our websites (including forums & blogs).
Information We Collect from Customer Use of Our Services
We try to make your experience with Dealer Pay simple and meaningful. We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services or website, including:
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to accept, request or record payments, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Location Information. Through our applications, we collect information about the location of your device.
- Device Information. We collect specific information about your device when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services. We may also identify other software running on the device for anti-fraud and malware-prevention purposes (but will not collect any content from such software).
- Use Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access time, browser type and language, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Your Customers. We collect Personal Information about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide at checkout.
- Information Collected by Cookies. We use various technologies to collect information when you use our Services, including sending cookies to your device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in your device memory when you visit a website or view a message. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We do not store unencrypted Personal Information in cookies. Opting out: You may be able to opt out of cookie-supported customized ads through your web browser software or by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager, and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you use our website without opting out, this means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of providing you with remarketing ads. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Information from Reseller
Resellers are individuals or groups that have agreed to the terms of the Dealer Pay Reseller Agreement, to work with Dealer Pay to promote the Services by (a) referring clients to Dealer Pay; or (b) reselling Dealer Pay Services.
We collect the information you provide to us when you sign up for a Reseller Account and when you sign up one of your customers for our Services. We collect information about you, including:
- Your name, company name, website, phone number(s), address, business type, email address, and banking information. We use this information to work with you, confirm your identity, contact you, and pay you.
- The Personal Information about your customers that you share with us or that they provide to us directly. We use this information to work with you and to provide our Services to your customers. If you provide Personal Information belonging to another person, you expressly represent and warrant that you have the authority and right to do so, and that you obtained all appropriate and required consents.
Storage of Information
In order to process transactions and for security and fraud purposes, Dealer Pay requires the storage of certain pieces of information collected during payment acceptance, including, but not limited to, credit card and bank account information, first and last name, street/billing address, city, state, zip code, expiration date and email address.
Current encryption standards and PCI-compliant systems are used and in place at all steps throughout the payment process to provide industry standard protection of cardholder data.
Information Collected by Web Beacons
We also may collect information using web beacons which are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use information we collect about you as follows:
- to provide you with the Services;
- to facilitate communication in accordance with our site’s features, and respond to your comments and questions;
- to communicate with you, such as by sending you confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services, or to resolve technical problems;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting Resellers and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With Dealer Pay employees, who will only have access to information as needed for performing the functions necessary to deliver Services such as processing transactions, troubleshooting problems and providing customer service;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services), as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, and other entities in connection with the payment or money transfer process;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you accept a payment, set up an appointment or communicate with your customers;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities), (ii) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services, or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
- With your consent
In addition, we may provide links to third parties’ websites, which we do not control. We are not responsible for information that you provide to those third-party sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies if any provided at those sites.
Anonymous and Aggregated Data
Updating Information and Opting Out
We respect your choice of how your information is used and shared. We will use reasonable efforts to provide you with access to your personally identifiable information that we have on file for you upon request, so that you may correct, amend, or delete any inaccurate information, and we will accept requests from you via email to update your information. In addition, If you do not want us to use or share your information for marketing purposes or to inform you about products and services that may be of interest to you, you may notify us by email (or by selecting or deselecting appropriate options presented to you when we collect your information, if such option is provided). We comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act and you can always opt out of receiving further email correspondence from us in accordance with the law.
No Collection from Children
The Services and our website are not directed at children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly request, collect, or maintain personally identifiable information from children, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits customers in Nevada to opt-out of the sale of certain kinds of personal information. A sale under Nevada law is the transfer of this personal information to third parties for monetary consideration so these third parties can then re-sell or license the sold information. We do not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law. If you are a Nevada resident and wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information should we change our practices in the future, you must send a request by email to the contact information below.
Questions or Comments
Dealer Pay LLC
3497 New Town Lake Drive
Saint Charles, MO 63301